Thursday, September 19, 2013

Fuck the Mormon Church!

The Mormon temple in Salt Lake City
I took a little hiatus from blogging to get my shit in a line again, but I'm back! I don't have much time to post something but wanted to let you all know I'm not dead in a ditch somewhere.

Some funny news I read yesterday: The Utah Underwear Run might be held on the Mormon church's Conference Weekend! The run would take place right across from Temple Square and Mormons are livid! The run has not been approved by the city yet, so we'll see if the Mormon church still has Mayor Becker in its pocket. If you want to read more about the run, click here.

Update - the Underwear Run is on but it will be taking place later in the day, after conference is over. See the announcement here

A war is raging here in Utah and a growing number of people want to rise up and tell the Mormon church to fuck itself. I can't buy a goddamn bottle of wine on a Sunday, for crying the fuck out loud! As more and more people move in from out of state, there will be an increase in the clamoring for change. Add to that the fact that the Mormon church is losing members in a huge orgasm of apostasy, and the pressure is on for the church to back off its total control of downtown, etc.

Change is coming, you can be on that.

Be scared, Mormon church, be very scared.

People are waking up.

10 comments:

  1. So are you going to run in it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haven't decided on that one, yet. Maybe I'll leave this one to the kids of the community...

      Delete
    2. oh, just remember no guts, no glory. :)

      Delete
  2. That is absolutely brilliant. If I had a hot bod (and not an enormously fat one) I'd fly back to Utah and run that in my undies for sure!

    It is totally time for change in Utah. It's slowly happening. I haven't lived there since 2001 and when I see things like this it really makes me happy.

    More people leaving the church is a very good thing indeed! I don't really know how members stay in the church and believe all its tripe. Seems weak-minded to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think many people are scared to leave. Let me tell you, around here there are a lot of social repercussions for leaving the church.

      Delete
  3. Bailey,

    Was that a typo? All this time I thought the puppet was named "Major Pecker", or did I have him confused with Boyd KKK Pecker? Lordy, Lordy I need the gift of desperation to guide me. Jes lika da 12 bros.

    BTW I loved the phrase "huge orgasm of apostasy", was afraid to stand up for fear of tipping the table over.

    I heard through the grapevine (hey...I'll drink to that) that the office that handles "take this Church and shove it" letters has had to increase its staff, nearly doubling those who work there. Woo-hoo!

    I wonder how many runners will show up in their funny undies? "Hey, whose the black guy in the white union suit with funny markings?" That would be so way cool. Tommy and the 12 would shit bricks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've also heard the resignation department has been expanded significantly, and that they are even rejecting some resignations. It really is an orgasm of apostasy going on.

      Delete
  4. Why are you against the Mormon church?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are many, many reasons. Probably the tipping point for me was finding out it routinely acts like it helps out the poor, but in reality does the exact opposite. The whole Prop 8 thing was also pretty over-the-top. I always had a problem with the old policy banning blacks from having the priesthood, but the church can't even fess up to the fact it was a racist policy and has tried to rewrite history. They've also covered up the fact that Joseph Smith had many wives, two that were 14 years old! The list goes on, so I'll stop there. I have dear friends who are Mormon and many in the organization are genuinely nice people, but the leadership for sure is downright manipulative and conniving. I grew up in a household of abuse that was swept under the carpet by church leaders, which still goes on all the time today.

      Delete
    2. To quote Gordon Hinkley; "Well, it's either true or false. If it's false, we're engaged in a great fraud." Guess what, it is not true. Even a casual unbiased objective examination of the history, doctrines, claims, actions of its leaders will lead to the conclusion that it is false. Asking "Why are you against the Mormon church" is almost like asking about why you are against the Catholic Church after reading about the inquisition and understanding why Luther posted his 95 reasons why the Catholic Church was corrupt.

      You can't understand the pain and hurt unless you have traveled the road out of Mormonism. Then you would understand.

      Delete